Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Recent Festivities of Holiday-ness

Two days in a row I have gone to Christmas parties.  Two days in a row I have gotten Dirty Santa gifts and for two days in a row I have eaten enough food to sustain me and two small refugees.  But oh! What a time we have had:  fellowshipping, playing games, eating and sometimes sharing too much.  And for what?  Why do we not get together other times of the year?  Why does it take a few blissful weeks in the dead of winter to bring us together and be thankful?  I for one would love to have a small grouping of holidays in say, I don't know... mid-spring.  Not that I'm complaining.  I love Christmas and December and the whole cold, cuddly, and covered up thing.
In other news, Chris is having a good time in Balad and wants to go back next year.  He has agreed to not leave me for the holidays though and for that I am truly thankful.  He sent me a customized Starbucks gift card in the mail yesterday with my favorite drink on it and a very nice message.   It made me cry like a second grader.  Which reminds me, for all of you that were at the Christmas party last night I apologize for anything you know about Chris and I now that you were better off not knowing.  You know who you are John, Michael and Joe.  

2 comments:

Nagrom Nniuq said...

Hey Brandy! I like being able to keep up with you a little better this way. I saw that you called the other day. I'll try to give you a call sometime soon if the holiday running around stops for a few minutes. Take care! ~Virginia

Christie Ison said...

Whaaaa...? Not sure what this is about.

Hearing more than we planned on is a new thing? That's what makes being with you so much fun!

-C

Little E the magnificent

Little E the magnificent
Conquerer of all veggies, green and beyond