Thursday, December 6, 2007

The long and desperate consequences

Ethan has turned 11 months today!!! Oh, what a journey it has been, all whopping eleven months of it. All though it doesn't seem that long think of the most important day of your life and all that you learned that day, how life changing, motivating, or innovating it might have been. Every day in the Lord's presence is one of those days. The things I have learned in the past eleven months of being a parent and in the year and a half of being a wife are laying the foundation for my obedience to Christ all of my days. And to think that His mercies are new every morning!! I pray that I may have many more days of mercy and wisdom ahead of me. Every experience is an opportunity to learn more about God and a chance for God to see more about you. Even though he knows every move you make, and have made, and will make, it's still His joy to see that His children walk in truth. There is such freedom in obedience to our Lord and Savior-even when it's hard- reader understand, the dividends are much greater than the process. Every decision make consciously knowing that your life is not your own but a clay pot for the love of Christ to be spilt from. Tonight I sit here in Christina's kitchen watching her clean up in sweatpants, no makeup, and hair pulled back, and you know what? She is so beautiful, lovingly cleaning and baking. She is so full of grace and beauty. To walk the paths that she has walked and to see her reflection in the eyes of her children, to see Christ's love left on everything she touches, what lessons we can learn from her women of faith. GOD IS GOOD. HE WILL PROVIDE, AND HE WILL BE YOUR FORTRESS IN A TIME OF NEED. Cry out to Him tonight, in need or with a joyful heart, rejoice and be glad in Him.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I just wanted to let you know that I really did have a good time last Friday night. I'm slo glad you were there...to lighten up those tearful moments. I'm glad you're there for Christina. She needs you. We gotta go out again sometime..soon. Love ya, girl.

Little E the magnificent

Little E the magnificent
Conquerer of all veggies, green and beyond